Friday, March 4, 2011

Zombies!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been working on a zombie illustration for school. I've been trying to draw a lot of zombies to get myself revved up for my large scale final illustration, including some zombie Derpy's on flockdraw, and my friend Katie all classy-like.


Of course I've been doing non-zombie drawings on flockdraw also. :)


 Honestly, I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut. Mostly because I'm avoiding the shit out of my zombie project. This is really the same familiar feeling I get whenever I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Falling back on some traditional studies help, but I really just need to stop being such a wuss and just DRAW!


Have I mentioned I enrolled in a schoolism class with Bobby Chiu this summer? HELL YES I'M EXCITED! I have yet to take a digital painting class, and I am psyched to finally get a little direction. I wanna be, the very best . . .  Practicing digital can be daunting sometimes, because there is such an infinite spectrum of techniques it's often confusing to figure out how to tackle a picture with no guidance. Sometimes I like to just throw a lot of textures on a drawing, then pretend it looks good! I call it a "texture doodle".


Hmm, maybe I re-use textures too much!


Well, I've always got Derpcraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment